When working in any kitchen, it is important to respect each and every coworker in order to have a respectable working environment. Working in a kitchen can make emotions rise and if there is not a strong understanding of one another than tensions can rise. Leading into unwanted consequences. Thankfully here at my externship site all the kitchen members treat each other like family. We respect each other and we know what each person’s limits are.
Every morning I wake up and I am anxious to get to work. Just because I know that I will be greeted by one of my coworkers and I will be able to share a cup of coffee before we get to work. I have no family here in Spain so I see them as my family. They really take really good care of me. They give good advise on what I should see and what I should do. They really want the best for me and they let me know it. If I am in the weeds they try their best to give me a helping hand and offer me advise on how to avoid getting in the weeds.
In order to run a smooth kitchen there has to be a good working environment and good teamwork. If the kitchen team does not learn to work together and learn to communicate then problems will only begin to escalate.
No comments:
Post a Comment