While reading through the chapters and during class time there was one unique word that always caught my attention, the word I synergy. Synergy is defined as employees working and helping each other to excel.
To be honest I was unaware of this term before this class and I am now glad to know all about it. I realized that synergy is the backbone of the restaurant industry and is essential in the kitchen. The reason that I say that it is essential in our industry is because if you were to be serving a prixe fixe menu for a wedding and one of the servers had plates still on the table and it was holding up the rest of the staff. The team would need to be working together to get all the tables cleared and ready to go for the next course.
Also synergy is necessary in the kitchen especially if someone is falling behind and needs help to get ahead synergy would come into play as soon as someone jumped onto the station to help out.
When I was on externship synergy was crucial for us in the kitchen. Everyday we would start out with two people on the line and then when it was crunch time and the machine kept printing more and more tickets we would all have to jump in and help each other out to get ahead of the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment