Being able to delegate jobs has never been a strong point of mine. For example, during junior high and high school all of the “group” projects that were worth half of my grade I took upon myself and wrote my group member’s name on it. I don’t like giving other people control over things that will directly affect me. I feel that if I am in charge of something important that I need to get it done the best I can. The thought of handing off power to someone I don’t feel will take it seriously is upsetting when the grade or product is given back with something wrong I could have prevented. I learned fast over extern that in order to get everything done on time you needed to have trust in other people to get everything done on time. Someone needed to fill the macaroons, someone else had to pack them, someone needed to make more cookies and another more filling. It was impossible to do all of the steps on your own at the rate they sold out. All of the steps were equally important because even if the cookie was perfect, if the filling is messy, no one will buy it. Everyone needed to chip in to get everything done and each job was important.
No comments:
Post a Comment