Monday, October 18, 2010

What Do I Do!!!!????

In the kitchen there can be lots of miscommunication especially on what to do and when to do it. On my externship everything was pretty much straight forward but sometimes I got lost on what I needed to do and when to do it or how to do it. In times like these I just wished that we had better communication on how and why things needed to be done in the kitchen. It was never fun when you were told to do one thing and as soon as your about to be done the executive chef comes by and sees that it is not the way he or she wants it and you have to restart from lack of communication. This happened quite a few times on my externship and each time that it happened I wished that they would learn from their mistakes and not let there be any more miscommunication through the ladder. For this reason communication is one of the most important things a kitchen can have. With wasted time and product poor, communication can really add up in the long run so you have to nip it in the bud and fix the problem immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment