Communication is a huge part in success, anything can be communicated verbally, or non verbally. I know that when I’m talking to someone I always try to look at their facial expressions and listen to the tone of their voice rather than really believing what they are saying. When you concentrate on how someone is really saying something you quickly can figure out if something is wrong with them or not. If there are not good communication skills then it could cause big problems in the work place. Especially in the hospitality industry communication is very important. We communicate everyday in the kitchens and bakeshops, whether it’s to say that were coming through or we have something hot in our hands. Not communicating could mean failure at work or people getting hurt.
George Bernard Shaw once said, “The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.” We constantly go around thinking that just because we told somebody to do something that the communication actually had occurred. You always should tell them exactly what to do and check up on them, that way you know exactly that everything was communicated well.
No comments:
Post a Comment