Luckily while at my externship “The Magic Apron’ did not fit, so we had to leave it tucked away. I cannot stress enough the importance of being trained when you first start a job. When you first start a new job you are new to the environment and they should not assume that you know how to do the job already. Every body is different and everybody thinks differently, one person might think that their way of doing things is better than some one else’s. So as future leaders in the industry we must learn now the importance of training your employees
Chef Inigo did a great job at teaching me the best ways to be organized and making sure that I understood the importance of it. Since we had the kitchen equipment downstairs I had to make sure that I did the least trips possible. The reason being that I would not spend time on running up and down the restaurant. Chef made sure that I had a list of equipment every morning, so that way I knew what was needed for the days prep. Doing so I was able to save myself many trips. If I had not been properly trained I would have struggled through out my extern.
No comments:
Post a Comment