Monday, October 18, 2010

Communication and Training

Communication is the key success to a restaurant. When I was on my externship there was a lack of communication and training. When I first started my station on hot app/ room service they didn’t train me at all. I watched the girl do the station for one night and the next night she got fired throwing me on the station. There idea of training was lets have Kevin watch a girl do her job the way she does it and fire her the next day. So as my chef is watching me struggle with my prep work during my second week he comes up to me and says: “Hey, if you ever need anything done for you write it down on this piece of paper”. I was furious. I was stuck in the weed for two weeks before they decided to help me out. This was a lack of communication and training.

No comments:

Post a Comment