Creativity In the Culinary World
The recent video we watched by Danielle Pink really intrigued me. When he talked about the company that doesn’t make it mandatory for you to show up for work I started to think how that could work for this industry but it really can’t. The idea that I did like was where one company let their employees have a certain amount of “free time”. This basically happened at my extern. Instead of family meal we just cooked something for ourselves after service during our “free time.” Many times the chef would come around and taste the food and many of the foods we for ourselves made it to specials. One item that was made during “free time” made it to the everyday menu. This free expressivity made everybody looser and it was almost a competition to see whose dish the chef would like better.
There was one thing I disagreed with and it might be just because of my age. In class it was said that pay is not at the top of people’s mind when thinking long term. In my mind how fast I can move up the ladder and what I will be getting paid when I get there to support a family would be the thing I was most worried about. Maybe it will change when I get older, who knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment