Monday, September 20, 2010

Manager

After completing chapter one I began to think of how I would react if I was put into a management position after working on production along side my friends for a fair amount of time. I feel that I would have a hard time turning around and disciplining their actions that I had previously engaged in along side them not to long ago. The boomerang manager example is the same situation I would find myself in. The running back and forth making sure my once coworkers were happy and working smoothly followed by myself hurrying back to make sure my job was also going to be completed. I think that it would be harder than expected to balance all the parts of being a manager. For example, making sure the owners were pleased with the way their company was being run, that their ideas were put into action and of course, that a profit was coming in. Next, making sure that the guest to make sure they are taken care and treated with the utmost respect. Making sure each guest feels important will ensure his or her return at a later date. Having a staff that is willing to keep their cool under stressful situations and not make the guest feel insignificant will keep everything running smoothly. Finally, the most important priority is that the employees are happy. If everyone is in a friendly work environment it will reflect in the service and to the guests. Same course of action will happen when the reverse is true; unhappy employees will be short or rude with the guest creating an unpleasant environment. There is a lot to juggle when becoming a manager and I do not think that it is an easy job or that everyone is cut out for it. I hope that if I become in this position I can remember how to juggle everything correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment