Monday, September 27, 2010

Comunication, Leadership, and Training

Communication and training are the two main reasons why my externship site had problems. I worked the room service and hot app. station for The Hotel Hershey. I started off working there with no training or tour of the kitchen. I was just thrown into the position. The station requires one person doing all of the room service and hot appetizers for the Circular Dining Room. When I started I didn't no either of the menu's, didn't know what to prep for, didn't no what plates the food went on, so pretty much I didn't know anything. If I would have had a good Sous Chef, a good leader, I would have been trained properly and showed what to do. However, when I did learn what needs to be prepped and done for the next day I realized it was too much for one person. So I sat down and talked with my chef and he said "Oh yeah didn't anyone tell you if you need me to do anything for ya just write it down on this list". So there I am struggling to get all this done and no one told me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment