Monday, September 20, 2010
Management skills
After reading chapter one I started thinking alot about how it is to take the role of a manger. Being a manager definitely seems like a tough job that not many people could handle doing. Looking at the three management skills technical, interpersonal and conceptual if I one day become a manger I would hope that I could have/use at least one of these skills. I personally think the hardest skill to be a successful manager is obtaining the interpersonal skill. It is not easy to have the ability of handling people. We are all different and have our own ways of handling and dealing with situations. Being a manger you are responsible of helping handling all different situations with people. Along with having that interpersonal skill that goes side by side with useing and having conceptual skill. Being able to "see the whole picture" may not be easy for some people. Going back to the boomerang management you may have friends under you and you have to be able to put that aside and be conceptual about it and "see the whole picture". I have seen situations where employees are friends with other coworkers and not being conceptual and able to "see the whole picture" has gotten them in bad situations at work. I feel if someone new becomes a manger they have to become strong enough to set aside friendships in the work place in order to be a good successful manager. And I do not think that would be easy to do. Reading about being a manger if in my future I one day have the opportunity I hope I am able to be successful with these three skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment